School of Bass Fishing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nearby Bass Lakes?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nearby Bass Lakes? Empty Nearby Bass Lakes? Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 am

danbrear

Looking for lakes around the corner from Folsom to explore and catch bass with my sons. Anyone have anything to say about:
  • Clementine
    Lake of the Pines
    Combie
    Theodore
    Any others?
Thanks!

2Nearby Bass Lakes? Empty Try Rancho Seco Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm

chrissalcone

chrissalcone

Rancho Seco is a good place to fish, raft/canoe or take a float tube or small boat (electric motor only), swim, and camp. In the summer, you can catch a lot of bass early in the morning before the sun hits the water on floating rapalas and later in the day around the many weedlines lining the lake with senkos or split shotted roboworms. It is a good place to fish with kids and is really clear water. If they bring goggles or a snorkel mask they can see bass and sunfish in the swimming area.

It also doesn't hurt that there are some GIANT bass in the lake that I occassionally hear about people catching. I had about an 8 pounder follow my spinnerbait in once and know of at least two fish over 10 lbs caught there.

Take your kids, or don't, and have a good time! It is within an hour's drive from Folsom.

Chris

3Nearby Bass Lakes? Empty Re: Nearby Bass Lakes? Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Ryan Austin

Ryan Austin

Unfortunately i have not fished the lakes you mentioned, but ive heard good things about Lake of the pines and clementine has some good smallmouth fishing but ive heard it can be tough. The other lake you might want to look at is Bullards bar it has some huge football sized spotted bass right now they are deep like 30-70 feet deep ive been there recently and it was fun. We are having a small turkey shoot there this weekend on the 29th if you like give it a shot you never know. Other that that i would say Oroville. Good luck!! Have fun!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum