School of Bass Fishing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time for a new meeting place!

+2
dennywelch
Admin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time for a new meeting place! Empty Time for a new meeting place! Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Just discussed this with Phil Clark and we both agree it's time to start looking for another place to have our monthly meetings and tips classes. Our current place has been under some obvious employee "strain" and Phil and I think it would be nice to find a place with a better meeting room layout for what we do (and wi-fi would be nice too).

So, any ideas on better places? Not just pizza places but also lower-end restaurants with meeting rooms.

Oh, one more thing: there's a possibility (via a suggestion from Denny) that we could do these meetings at the Granite Bay clubhouse at Folsom Lake. No food facilities unless we do BBQs ourselves but a much bigger room. Just a thought.

Feedback please!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.theschoolofbass.com

2Time for a new meeting place! Empty Granite Bay Activity Center Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

dennywelch

dennywelch

Chris...Depending on feedback, I'd be happy to look into getting the activity center. It's where my fly fishing club has been meeting for years. Let me know and I'll take you and Phil out there for a look-see.

3Time for a new meeting place! Empty Re: Time for a new meeting place! Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 pm

BRICHARDS

BRICHARDS

I agree 100%, we need to locate another location. I think somewhere with food available is a plus since many people are comming from work and are hungry. Lets look around and get a few ideas and go from there. Smile

4Time for a new meeting place! Empty Re: Time for a new meeting place! Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Phil Clark

Hi all, I have been looking in on the site from behind that scenes and decided to join in on the fun. I think that it is time for a change so any ideas that anyone has will be considered.
Thanks

5Time for a new meeting place! Empty New Meeting Site Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 am

dennywelch

dennywelch

Brian brings up a good point about having food available.

Carrow's at Douglas and Sunrise has a nice meeting room and the food's good. The room is larger than we have now, is private and has windows on two sides. It's convenient to the freeway and easy to get to.

Denny's on Sunrise right before Douglas is also a consideration. They have a very large banquet room and it is also easy to get to.

I think either of these places might be worth looking into. Either is better than where we are now.

6Time for a new meeting place! Empty Meeting Place Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

Ryan Stoddard

Ryan Stoddard

Maybe even another Round Table location or Mountain Mike somewhere around Sunrise and Douglas. Most Pizza places have meeting rooms. Maybe the service would be better at other locations.

7Time for a new meeting place! Empty Mountain Mike's / Round Table Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

dennywelch

dennywelch

There is a Mountain Mike's at Douglas and Sierra College, but it's banquet room is very small, smaller than the one we have now.

Round Table moved out over a year ago (Squeeze In is now there). There's another Round Table on Sierra College not far from Douglas that has a room, but I can't recall how big it is. If I remember correctly, the room can also be closed off.

8Time for a new meeting place! Empty Found a new place! Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, we checked most of them out first hand. Phil and I drove around this afternoon and checked out new meeting places (Phil did all the heavy lifting and research beforehand). After checking out a fair number, here's the best new place:
Round Table Pizza
7867 Lichen Drive (Lichen & Antelope)
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
916-723-5910‎
Google Maps link

They have a much bigger meeting room, they are very close to I-80, and are still centrally located. Phil spoke with the manager tonight and got us the same 15% discount on food.

So, next School of Bass meeting will be a combined fishing club and Tips and Techniques class on August 19 6:30 pm. Club biz will take 1/2 hour, then we will do Phil's class.

Since the next t-shoot will be another Delta event, you may want Phil to talk about summer Delta fishing techniques. Even so, you should still request other topics for him to cover.

Any questions or comments, post them here.

9Time for a new meeting place! Empty aug 5 meeting Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 am

jerrymountjoy

jerrymountjoy

Just to be sure, Chris, does this mean no meeting on Aug 5, and the next meeting will be Aug 19 at the new location?

http://Editperfect.com

10Time for a new meeting place! Empty Correct-a-mundo Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

jerrymountjoy wrote:...does this mean no meeting on Aug 5, and the next meeting will be Aug 19 at the new location?

That's correct Jerry, the schedule on the website has been updated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum