School of Bass Fishing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

club idea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1club idea Empty club idea Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:34 am

chrissalcone

chrissalcone

We talked about possible changes to the turkey shoot schedule/format at the club meeting tonight and I thought of something on the drive home...what do you think?

Would anyone like to do turkey shoots every other month and on the non-shoot months have a "Learn the Lake" event instead? The concept would be to pick a lake, be it local or outlying (ie. Melones, Camanche, Bullards, anywhere else) and go as a club to explore and learn the lake together. People could pair up however they like, pile a bunch of people in a few boats, whatever, and set out to see what works on the "new" lake then meet at lunch time and share what each boat discovered then head back out, perhaps with different people on different boats and explore some more or use the afternoon as a mini-shoot to see who can catch fish in the last 3 hours of the day similar to the Folsom mini-shoots.

The event could center around a lunch time or evening BBQ. If anyone in the club has particular experience to share on any of these "off the beaten path" lakes they can start the day with a little lake overview or map reconnaissance and give people an idea of where to start.

Since some of the destinations on the current turkey shoot schedule are places many of us haven't fished or are intimidated by it might help us familiarize ourselves with the place before having a later t-shoot there.

What do you think?

2club idea Empty Idea Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 am

dennywelch

dennywelch

It works for me, Chris.

3club idea Empty Re: club idea Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:18 am

jerrymountjoy

jerrymountjoy

I'm looking for ways to apply what I learn in the various meetings. Learning how to scout lakes is a great application, one I'm sure would help me. I've read the books and heard the stories, but I've probably not had quality hands-on experience. So this would be good.

I do, however, see this as just one of many practical applications we can search out. I'd like to do this once-in-awhile, but I'd also like to look at line tying, hook setting, working with partners, and other applications. So, Chris, I vote for your proposal as one of many opportunities.

http://Editperfect.com

4club idea Empty club idea Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:00 pm

gailmiller

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn.
Gail Miller

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum