School of Bass Fishing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spending club money

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spending club money Empty Spending club money Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I'm renaming this topic since it was hijacked away from the turkey shoot. Have created a new topic with the t-shoot results.
----------------
...at Folsom Lake at 5pm. Launch is at Granite Bay. Details here.

See you there!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Renaming the thread)

http://www.theschoolofbass.com

2Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 am

chrissalcone

chrissalcone

I'd be there if it weren't my anniversary.

Maybe my wife wants to fish on our anniversary?....NOT LIKELY!

Have fun and catch 'em!

Admin

Admin
Admin

Sleep...the club will be kicking in $50 for the big fish pot for this event. Smile

4Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:50 pm

BRICHARDS

BRICHARDS

Admin wrote:Sleep...the club will be kicking in $50 for the big fish pot for this event. Smile

Since when do we throw the clubs money around for whatever you see fit?
You bought the club (yourself) the bass movie, use money to give a discount on Damons shirts and now we are going to give 50 bucks to the big fish pot.
I thought the members would have a say in where their money is spent since it is the members club right.
Maybe someone could chime in here and explain this to me, maybe I am all wrong and this is a one man show.
Sorry to step on any toes.
Sleep

5Spending club money Empty The club's money Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Brian, I seriously doubt that there are many who would question how I've managed and (frugally) used our club's money so far. We have ~$1000 in the treasury FWIW. Feel free to bring the greater issue of use of club funds up at the next club meeting. Whatever you propose as a change will stick if you can convince a majority of members.

BTW I was planning on formal officer elections in December for the 2011 season. You may want to take a shot at treasurer.

6Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 pm

BRICHARDS

BRICHARDS

Chris,
The topic has been brought up about having a board of directors for our club at one of our meetings which very few members attend. The idea was shot down due to people want things to stay the same. many members have little interest in growing the club. Very few member even speak up with any ideas. I would be more than happy to take part being on a board to make this club run the best in can but until more members want to take part its not going to happen. As I see it the majority of the member are happy with the way you run your club so I will set back and be quite.

7Spending club money Empty Club Spending Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 am

davidroper

davidroper

Brian and Chris,
I am a newer member of only 3 months. I have attended all meetings and have not seen anything in the way Chris has been spending the clubs money to be out of the ordinary or misappropriate for a bass fishing club. I think Chris is wise in expecting the development of a board to help spread the work load and grow the club with some direction a very important step in the growth of our club. I myself would be willing to serve in some capacity in club leadership. I believe that Chris is trying to do the best for the club and not trying to line his pocket or fulfill only his self interest. Do you any suggestions for the club to spend the money? I enjoy the fishing information I receive at all of the various meeting from both of you and others. I also have tried to support our sponsors any time I can and will continue to do so. I believe that this is a issue that is part of growth without a set of rules and guidelines written down with objectives for the club. I thought that at the last meeting this was evident and I thought Chris listened when the club members spoke out about the issue of canceling events. Even when it was not what Chris had in his mind. I will continue to be a part of a club that has many people with the same fanatic desire to fish for the biggest bass and enjoy a little competition at the same time. Thank You both for being a part of this special interest club.
Dave

8Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

BRICHARDS

BRICHARDS

Thanks for your input Dave and very well said. I would like to say sorry if someone took my post the wrong way, I never said anything about lining any pockets and would never say that. My concern was to allow the members as a group decide where money is spent, not just one. This is all from me on this subjet.
silent silent

9Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:39 pm

davidroper

davidroper

I did not think Brian you thought that way but these chat room forums can be a little bit blunt and seem uncaring. It is easier sometimes to see the expression of peoples faces and hear the tones. Thank You for clarifying and a willingness to volunteer. Maybe these silly faces will help.Dave Laughing

10Spending club money Empty Re: Spending club money Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:01 am

dennywelch

dennywelch

I tend to agree with Brian, but I would have presented it in a much more kinder and gentler way. If it were not for Chris the club would not exist. He created it, funded it from the beginning, took care of membership, bought insurance, found a meeting place, got us deals on stuff, created and managed a web site that is fantastic and getting better each month,etc, etc, etc. There has been some help from others, notably Glenn and Phil. For the most part, however, it's all Chris.

Initially, I think things worked well. You need that mover and shaker to make things happen. Now, however, the club is experiencing some problems, most notably lack of participation by other club members. Brian's right, we only have a handful of people at our meetings and much less at the turkey shoots. I expressed my thoughts at our last meeting on what I thought the issues were as did several others. After all that discussion, I don't know if we accomplished anything and I don't know if any changes will be made.

I feel that the club should have a duly elected board of directors with each board member having one vote. The board can then put their heads together and identify the problems facing the club and decide how best to solve them. I can't imagine anyone but Chris being elected the club's first President, but I think it important to get others on board right away to start helping with the day to day operation of the club.

I apologize if I've pissed anyone off. That's not my intent.

11Spending club money Empty Changes are coming Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

dennywelch wrote:...I expressed my thoughts at our last meeting on what I thought the issues were as did several others. ...I don't know if we accomplished anything and I don't know if any changes will be made.
Denny, you will be happy to know that after our last club meeting two of the newer members came up and volunteered separately to do specific things to help formalize our club's charter and goals. It was also good to see several volunteering (including yourself) to be on the Board. Next meeting will be a good time to connect specific members with club improvement efforts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum