School of Bass Fishing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28

+2
davidroper
Admin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:54 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

The next turkey shoot will be at the Delta on Saturday August 28 launching out of Paradise Point Marina. Thanks to Jerry Mountjoy for volunteering for tournament director duties! Details here.

Note in the details page that I have assumed we will do two weigh-ins like our last Delta event. This puts the fish through much less stress on these hot summer days.

After this event, all the rest will be at Folsom this year since the recreational boating traffic there will be greatly reduced by late September. So there's still a chance to get that big fish of the year at this Delta event.

http://www.theschoolofbass.com

2Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Update from TD Jerry Mountjoy Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

NOTE: I need to borrow a digital scale since the club one is "missing" (we think Mike Bugliarello has it but Mike's on vacation for the next month). Let me (Jerry) know if you have one.

Weigh-in Details
The 10:30am weigh in is not mandatory, but as sportsmen, we must consider stress on the fish. I will be at the weigh-in point at 10:30 if needed.

Everyone, please call or text me between 8:30 and 10:00 to let me know if you plan to come in. If you have some big fish in the well early you should get them weighed and release them. If we’re close to each other, we may even handle the weigh in where we’re at.

My phone: 916.677.9974

What if you don’t have a cell phone or are out of range?
If you don’t have a cell phone, tell me before we take off. We will have a mandatory meet up at 10:30, as noted in the first paragraph.

If you’re out of range, then you have plenty of time to get in range. If you can’t contact me by 10:00, you must make the mandatory meet up at 10:30.

To make it easy, bring your fully-charged cell phones with you.

http://www.theschoolofbass.com

3Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Wegh in Scale Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:19 am

davidroper

davidroper

Jerry I have a digital scale I will bring with me for weigh in. Dave Roper

4Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Scales Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 am

jerrymountjoy

jerrymountjoy

Thanks Dave. I may not need to borrow them, but it's good to know a backup is available.

http://Editperfect.com

5Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty And the winners are... Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

jerrymountjoy

jerrymountjoy

It was a little windy and we caught a little rain and we caught some small bass (note "small bass" not "small mouth bass." Though catching could have been better, fishing was great!

We had six boats ready to go Saturday morning. Although there is but one boat ramp at Paradise Point, launching went smoothly and we were off by 6:15. At 3:00, Gil Machado came in with the big fish, worth $55, at a whopping 2.1 lbs. Ryan Austin had the next largest at 1.9 lbs. Gil and Dave Roper also had the high bag weight at 6.2 lbs. Ryan and Bill Austin came in second with 3.15 lbs. Ryan was having battery problems and had to wrap it up at 10:30; otherwise, he and his dad may have given Gil and Dave a run for their money. The rest of us, well, no excuse, sir.

We had a meet and discuss in the parking lot after pulling the boats out. I should have written down the techniques in order to report them, but I didn't and my memory isn't accurate enough to relate what everyond said. Perhaps those who caught, or didn't, will share here as well. Jim Crane and I tried punching, spinners, frogs, crank baits, wackeys, swim baits, and everything else we could find, only to land a few dinks.

So..., welcome new members Ryan Austin and Art Belanger.

http://Editperfect.com

6Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Delta T-shoot Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Ryan Austin

Ryan Austin

Hey everyone Had a great time saturday although the battery for our electric was not up to par, unfortunately had to find out while fighting the wind. Lesson learned!Laughing Anyway this was the first ever tournament for my dad and he said he loved it. We both had a great time although we had to head in early.Sad
We stayed in disappointment slough and started on a long rip-rap wall where i started with the O.B. minnow and my dad with a buzz bait with no takers i went to a all white spinnerbait and my dad to a Rapala DT-6 red craw and we started to catch about 6 fish that went 12" so i tried flipping a wacky senko and picked up 2 more rats. My dad went to an all white spinnerbait and picked up 2 rats also. Then the rain which i wasn't expecting i was not dressed for it as my dad laughed and said look at my jacket! Razz I decided to try the DT-6 as well and landed a 17" stiper.
We decided to move to another spot and as soon as i stopped the big motor my dad threw the DT-6 and boom fish on and we finally had our first keeper. YEEEAH fished some more with no luck then the wind really started crankin on us so we tried to hide as best we could and started throwing my spinnerbait on wind blown points and BAM number 2 keeper. After that the battery was almost toast so we made the call to weigh in what we had unfortunately call it a day.
We felt like we were really starting to get a pattern down too.Oh well we still had a great time. See you all soon.

Ryan "The Condition" Austin
Very Happy

7Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Turkey Shoot Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:05 am

dennywelch

dennywelch

Chris Salcone and I fished together for the first, but not the last, time Saturday morning. The wind was a big factor...maybe 20mph pretty much all day. We got into some small fish with drop shots, white spinnerbaits, and wacky rigged Senkos. About 2:00 I hooked a really nice fish. I never saw it, but Chris did. He said it's mouth was huge and that it was about 22" long. I got it right to the boat and "blip" it was gone. Maybe 3 - 4 pounds. I'll never know. I hooked it on a 1/2 oz. white spinnerbait.

We ended the day with about 10 small fish. Nothing great, but it sure beats staying at home. Chris was fun to fish with. I was surprised how well he could cast...long and accurate.

Good job putting it together, Jerry.

8Delta Turkey Shoot, Aug 28 Empty Delta Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Ryan Stoddard

Ryan Stoddard

I am upset I could not make it. It sounds like it was a good time. Good job Gil and Dave for big fish and the winning weight. My boats is still down for about another month for I am doing some needed changes/repairs. Probably will not be able to make it to the next meeting or event for work is crazy right now working a mix of nights and days. Hope everyone is good and welcome to the new members that I have not had a chance to meet yet. Hope to be back in the game for October.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum